Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Pack of Liars

Dear Diary,

I’m starting to have a sneaking suspicion that the shrink has seen through our best efforts. He started asking questions about my dear Fred’s “mania” today. Devil creatures from hell in the basement. I mean honestly, he has the strangest ideas. Why couldn’t he have just poisoned her? We wouldn’t have to pretend with that at least, just say that she was ill and passed away. No, Fred had to get his darn gun out and start waving it around. To darn greedy for his own good and too imaginative too.We finally decided that half would go to his family and the other half we would share by the way. Even George (Fred’s best friend) would get part of the money so if this goes belly up we’re all in trouble.

The problem is those darn neighbors. I overheard that the shrink questioned them too. The family should have bribed them into agreeing with us! They had to be stingy of course. Wouldn’t want to waste any of our precious money to protect ourselves now do we? I won’t forgive him if we don’t get the money. I’d rather not go to jail, thank you. Might not be a bad idea to skip town and start a new life. No, I won’t back down now. I won’t be the coward when we’re so close to getting that darn money. I’ll just sit tight and wait it out. Too late to back out now anyway, they’ll have wanted posters of me by the end of the week I just know it. So much for easy money.

No comments:

Post a Comment